Saturday, June 13, 2020

Cleanser Review: dermalogica special cleansing gel

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the dermalogica special cleansing gel

AvailabilityThis retails at $12 for 1.7 fl. oz. (50 mL), $39.50 for 8.4 fl. oz. (250 mL), or at $64 for 16.9 fl. oz. (500 mL)  and is available at sephora.com , nordstrom.com, macys.com, jcpenny.com, ulta.com and bluemercury.com along with their physical store locations as well as  dermalogica.com.

Would I buy this?: I like it but I'd say no mostly because I like my hydrating cleansing foam  type cleansers better.

What is this product designed to address?

According to sephora.com:
What it is: A soap-free cleanser that gently removes impurities, without disturbing the skin’s natural moisture balance.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Pores, Dryness, and Oiliness
Formulation: Gel
Ingredient Callouts: Free of formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances. This product is also vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free.
What Else You Need to Know: Dermalogica’s Special Cleansing Gel is a soap-free, naturally-foaming cleanser that gently rinses away toxins and debris to leave skin feeling smooth and clean. Lightweight and mild enough to use every day, it also features calming balm mint and lavender extracts to soothe the skin and clear pores.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to sephora.com:
- Lavender: Soothes skin.
- Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract: Naturally foams and cleanses.

What is the texture like?
This has a liquid-y gel texture to it.

Is it scented?
This has a VERY faint lavender scent to it.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I'll be honest with you all, this foams up SO WELL that I don't understand why brands don't switch over to the Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract and stop using sulfates altogether. Perhaps that's what drives up the price of this, I'm unsure when it comes to wholesale ingredient pricing. Anyhow, this is a nice, gentle cleansing gel. It leaves my skin feeling deeply cleansed without stripping it or drying it out. I still prefer something with a creamier texture but I will say this is nice and refreshing so I prefer it for use in warmer weather.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes, I am under on obligation to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment