Thursday, April 2, 2020

March 2020 Favorites

Hey folksickles,
Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of March :) 

1. Bath & Body Works Scented Candle in Sun Washed Citrus: I absolutely adore this candle and actually meant to mention it last month, but alas, it smells so perfectly sweet-tart and refreshing yet also citrusy. I highly recommend giving it a sniff if you're someone who likes citrus scents.

2. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts: Oh are we back to talking about shows? Because the answer is an enthusiastic yes! I spent most of January and February watching the Devilman franchises and while, from what I briefly saw, I had this notion that because Kipo was set in a post-apocolyptic world I hoped for something uplifting given the haunting heaviness of Devilman. That said, Kipo was this uplifting, hopeful show and I highly recommend it to all of you. I think it's a show meant to target kids/a younger overall audience but that doesn't make it not enjoyable, the world is post-apocalyptic, sure, but colorful much like the world of Futurama, but more... kid appropriate, if you will. There's a pig, which already made me love the show and Kipo being a fan of said pig... makes me a fan of Kipo; she's such a hope oriented, positive, bubbly character who I absolute LOVE. So yeah, definitely worth taking a look into. I hope Season 2 comes quick so I have more to say but so far it does a good job of conveying the age-old power of friendship/willingness to learn will unite folks whereas fear divides them themes while also exploring the impact of humanity on animals in a interesting way. Well I shall not spoil the plot further.

3. Sonia Kashuk Essential Blending Crease Brush No. 273: For years I've heard great things about Sonia Kashuk brushes and just hadn't invested until, that is, I was in Target and I needed a brush for applying transition tones with, given that the one I had fell apart. This brush is absolutely fantastic - despite being synthetic, it picks up and diffuses color just absolutely beautifully. I've had it for a year now and it still looks, and performs, as though it were brand new.

4. bumble and bumble Thickening Full Form Soft Mousse: I haven't had this in years and still remember why I love it so much. It is meant to be used to be used with heat styling, which I typically don't do, but it still gives my hair a bit of a thicker texture while still retaining a smooth, soft, and silky finish. I find that a lot of mousses tend to leave my hair crunchy but this doesn't!

Disclaimer: Everything  mentioned here was paid for by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment