Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Toner/Serum Review: Natura Bisse Diamond Cocoon Hydrating Essence

Natura Bisse Diamond Cocoon Hydrating Essence
AvailabilityThis retails at $80 for 7 fl. oz. and is available at bergdorfgoodman.com, bluemercury.com, and spacenk.com along with their physical store locations; you can also purchase it on dermstore.com and naturabisse.com

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
Pre-treatment essence to strengthen the skin against modern pollution Finish your cleansing ritual with this prebiotic lotion that helps to balance the skin flora, strengthens the skin barrier and fights the damage caused by heavy metals in the atmosphere. A first essence that increases the absorption capacity of the skin, enhancing the performance of the products you choose to use afterwards. It is rich in antioxidants and provides immediate and long-lasting hydration for up to 72 hours*. An essential step for skin that is strengthened and luminous.
*In vivo Ingredient Test
BENEFITS
Provides immediate lasting hydration
Prebiotic pretreatment that balances skin flora, reinforcing the barrier function of the skin
Minimizes the appearance of pores

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com
Antioxidant Complex – ginseng, apple, peach, wheat and barley
Mushroom Extract Has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Prebiotic complex - promotes growth of "friendly" bacteria on the skin, which has a anti-inflammatory benefits and can help restore a compromised or damaged skin barrier.

What is the texture like?
This has a lightweight, slightly thicker-than-water texture that's just ever so slightly tacky.

Is this scented?
This has a faint, clean, lightly floral scent,. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
Do you folks want to laugh? This whole time, given the packaging that I got it in, I thought this was  a serum but when I went to go look it up I realized that this is the stuff they sell in a spray bottle - the Skin Booster - is actually the serum in the line. That said, I've been using this as a serum and it worked great - it gives my skin a nice light hydration and, because it's meant to be layered under other products, my moisturizer goes on great over this. It makes my skin feel really smooth and soft, which I like and overall it's a great product. That said, the price point is ridiculously high for what it is and given that all it does is make my skin feel soft and smooth (because I can't really see what it's doing to prevent pollution damage), I could find products that do the same thing at a much lower price point.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided as a sample at my workplace, I am not obligated or being compensated to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment