Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Exfoliator Review: m-61 PowerGlow Peel Gradual Tan

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the m-61 PowerGlow Peel Gradual Tan





AvailabilityThis is exclusive to bluemercury.com and macys.com along with their respective physical store locations (only Macy's with a bluemercury inside the location). The retail pricing is $36 for a 10 pack or $72 for a 30 pack.

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
This gradual tan facial pad provides deep exfoliation, resurfaces, clarifies and helps to firm the skin while building a streak-free, natural-looking gradual tan and overall radiant glow. Glycolic and salicylic acid help reduce pore size, reduce the appearance of fine lines and improve the skin’s tone, texture and clarity.
BENEFITS
• Provides deep exfoliation, resurfaces, clarifies and helps to firm the skin.
• Builds a streak-free, natural-looking gradual tan and overall radiant glow.
• Reduces pore size and fine lines.
• Improves skin tone, texture and clarity.
• Perfect as a treatment for dull or acne-prone skin.
• Gluten-free & vegan.
• Dermatologist & allergy tested.
• Paraben & phthalate free.
• Synthetic fragrance-free.
• Sulfate-free.
• Free of synthetic dyes.
• No animal testing.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com
KEY INGREDIENTS
Glycolic and salicylic acid help reduce pore size, reduce the appearance of fine lines and improve the skin’s tone, texture and clarity.
Vitamin K helps to reduce the appearance of spider veins and combats dry, rosacea-like patches.
Antioxidant bilberry extract helps promote an even skin tone.
Chamomile and lavender assist in calming and soothing irritation

What is the texture like?
This feels like a wet wipe.

Is this scented?
This has an odd scent wherein it feels like it tries to be tropical or coconut-like but it smells artificial. I know that m-61 is a fragrance-free brand so whatever I'm smelling is whatever happens to be in the formulation.  

What has my experience with the product been like?
So, to be frank, I'm not much for self-tanner - I'm a hairy being and because I have to shave frequently I find tanning products end up patchy on me and I don't see the point in having a tan face on a pale body so I just kind of embrace the fact that I'm essentially paper white with maybe a hint of pink. That being said, I decided to give these a try and maybe use them once a week just for the exfoliation, not for the tanning, because I like the regular PowerGlow Peels and the glow they give me, even days when I don't get much sleep and my skin would normally be dull or... not smooth, they make it look like I slept and drank loads of water. Unfortunately, while these do provide that nice exfoliated glow-y look, they also make me look jaundiced. Funny story is that the first time I used these I completely forgot the next day and had these patches on my fingers that I thought for sure were iodine (my grandma used to smother in it when I was a wee child... it burned... and it stained!) and my whole face... I couldn't understand why I looked so off-colored and sickly until it came to me that I used these. All-in-all, I wouldn't get them again, I think they'd work for someone who is more of a light-medium skin-tone with a golden under-tone but they're a pass for me.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes. I am not obligated or being compensated to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment