Saturday, October 3, 2020

Cleanser Review: Dr. Barbara Sturm Foaming Cleanser

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Dr. Barbara Sturm Foaming Cleanser



AvailabilityThis retails at $22 for 1.7 fl. oz. (50 mL) or at  $70 for 5 fl. oz. (150 mL) and is available at sephora.com, spacenk.com, nordstrom.com, selfridges.com, neimanmarcus.com and bluemercury.com along with their physical store locations as well as molecular-cosmetics.com, net-a-porter.com, and violetgray.com.

Would I buy this again?: No.

What is this product designed to address?

According to sephora.com:
What it is: A gentle foaming cleanser that removes makeup, dead skin, and dirt, while preparing the skin for moisturizer or serum—without disturbing its pH-balance.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Dryness, Fine Lines and Wrinkles, and Acne and Blemishes
Formulation: Lightweight Liquid
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free.
What Else You Need to Know: Without thorough cleansing, active skincare ingredients cannot be optimally absorbed by the skin. This cleanser is packed with powerhouse ingredient purslane, which promotes the body’s natural skin regeneration and protects against free radicals. Aloe vera and panthenol calm, soothe, and moisturize your skin.
As an aesthetic doctor with a background in anti-inflammatory medicine, Dr. Sturm is committed to treating the skin with scientifically-proven ingredients and non-aggressive natural extracts. The three pillars of Dr. Barbara Sturm Molecular Cosmetics—hydration, boosting the skin’s natural barrier function, and reducing the visible signs of irritation—help to promote healthy skin that glows from within over time.
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. 

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to sephora.com:
-Mild Tensides: Provide thorough, yet gentle cleansing of the skin.
-Purslane: A strong antioxidant that stimulates the body and supports skin health and rejuvenation.
-Aloe Vera Leaf Juice: Soothes irritations.

What is the texture like?
This has a soft foam texture to it.

Is it scented?
Update as of May 2022: - I apologize I never answered this and I neither remember what it smelled like nor do I have access to the product to tell you; I don't remember it having any particular strong, discernable scent -

My overall experience/comments on the product:
So when I was asked what I would like to try out from the Sturm line of products I decided to go for this cleanser because it's impossible to make a sample of it to take home. I was excited but unfortunately I find that it's a bit drying and very run-of-the-mill when it comes to foaming cleansers. I was hoping it would leave my skin feeling softer or somehow be more hydrating.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes, I am under on obligation to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment