Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Moisturizer Review: m-61 PowerSpot Moisturizer

Today's review will be for the m-61 PowerSpot Moisturizer






AvailabilityThis retails at $76 for 1.7 fl. oz. (50 mL) is exclusive to  bluemercury.com and macys.com along with their physical store locations.

Would I buy this?: No.

What is this product designed to address?
According to bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
This clarifying moisturizer provides lightweight hydration and helps to keep blemish-prone skin balanced. Salicylic acid, glycolic acid and witch hazel help to reduce the appearance of blemishes by naturally unclogging pores, while tea tree helps keep overactive skin under control.
BENEFITS
• Clarifies and calms skin.
• Helps to keep blemish-prone skin balanced.
• Provides lightweight, oil-free hydration.
Gluten-free & vegan.
Dermatologist & allergy tested.
Paraben & phthalate free.
Synthetic fragrance-free.
Sulfate-free.
Free of synthetic dyes.
No animal testing.


Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com:
KEY INGREDIENTS
Glycolic and salicylic acid help reduce pore size, reduce the appearance of fine lines and improve the skin’s tone, texture and clarity.
Witch hazel helps to shrink pores and soothe skin.
Licorice root helps control oil production while calming and soothing skin.
Aloe, cucumber and camphor help soothe and cool the skin.
Tea tree helps calm redness and swelling.

This also contains:
Shea Butter: Hydrates the skin and reduces inflammation
Blue Lotus Extract, Lotus Extract: Helps hydrate the skin
Bilberry Extract: Has anti-inflammatory properties

What is the texture like?
This feels super lightweight and refreshing.

Is it scented?
This has an earthy, camphor-like scent to it mixed with tea tree and cucumber. It isn't awful but I don't love it.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
  Honestly I feel like I'd really like this moisturizer for the summertime as that's the only time of year I tend to get a bit oily. I like that it actually hydrates quite nicely despite being super lightweight, another aspect that I'd really like in the summertime as anything that feels lightweight, cooling, and refreshing is quite welcome. That said, I think this doesn't do enough for me being that it's cold, it hydrates nicely, but I prefer something a bit thicker and richer.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I getting compensated, to post it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment